Sunday, November 9, 2014

What's for dinner

I have never followed a chili recipe before.  All I do is just dump and add spices.
Its never the same.   

I checked out Allrecipes.com and a recipe caught me eye called 
Award Winning Chili, printed it off, made it and we all loved it.

Here is the recipe below and you will find a few different ingredients in it that I
have I never dumped in chili before.

2 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1 onion chopped
4 stalks celery chopped
1/4 cup white wine
1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1 green pepper chopped
1 red pepper chopped 
1/3 cup steak sauce
5 slices of bacon fried and crumbled
1 tube pork sausge
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 pkg chili seasoning mix
1 teaspoon cumin
1 (15 oz) can of chili beans
1 tablespoon choppex cilantro

Brown meat and bacon.  Dump everything in a kettle simmer for about 3 hours.  
My boys like cheddar cheese and sour cream on top of their chili.
I made dilly bread to go with it.  

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. I make the dump style chili too. :) This one looks good - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Blessings on Your Day !!!!

Blog Archive

Followers